Sep 30, 2010

The Details...



Ok the details

Honestly at this point they're not any clearer, but that's not for lack of trying.
I've had so many ideas come and go and comeback for a visit over the last couple of days.
The main hold up is that I'm not really sure whether or not I'd like to make an action game or an adventure game somewhere along the lines of Monkey Island, Or better , RE1 without the zombies and shooting. I think after that has been decided the rest will fall in place.




Name: currently unknown. Who names a project at the very beginning anyway?

Genre: I could see people filing this under the Horror label, however I don't believe it to be a fitting one. I'm not actually trying to scare anyone. Perhaps its a Thriller?

High concept:
You play as a protagonists trying to correct the wrongs in the game world. The catch is that the protagonists has a skewed view of the world that also extends to you as a player.

Before you perform an action, you'll first have to try and determine what is real and what isn't.

The game is going to be done entirely in grayscale. Theirs 2 reasons for that.
1.it saves me development time.
2.The look of it really draws you in.

Their isnt much to do here, but it might be enough to give a better idea about the protagonists state of mind than words can.

http://www.johnnykaotic.com/x/perception.html

No comments: